Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rutherford Street Fair


Monday was the annual street fair in Rutherford, NJ. It's usually extremely crowded, and the vendors tend to sell over priced junk, but Dennis and I like to go anyway. It's a good excuse to go to Rutherford Pancake House for lunch and Sweet Avenue Bakeshop for vegan cupcakes.




Rutherford Pancake House is very vegan friendly. They have quite a lot of vegan options on the menu. Most aren't very healthy because it's diner food, but we all need a little bit of junk food here and there. I usually have salad with my meal to make up for the whatever it is I'm eating. Dennis and I both had big salads, and we split a large plate of vegan nachos. I would have liked a little more cheese on the nachos, but they were really good!




Sweet Avenue Bakeshop is at the other end of the street, so we joined the crowd and walked around until we found ourselves in front of it. Sweet Avenue is a totally vegan cupcake bakery. They also have a few cookies and candy bars for sale. Their menu changes daily, and usually have gluten-free choices. 




I bought a gluten-free chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting, as well as gluten-free pumpkin cupcake. Both were super delicious!!! Yum!





Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment