Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Upcoming Cooking Classes

Yes, yes, I know I haven't posted anything in over a week. I've been super busy over the past few weeks with workshops and whatnot. I haven't been cooking anything new, and I've had a little more take-out than I care to admit.

But anyway, I wanted to tell everyone about my upcoming cooking classes. I will be teaching both with my friend Jenna, who is a graduate of the Natural Gourmet Culinary Institute and has worked at various organic, vegetarian, vegan and raw restaurants and caterers in New York City. Both classes will take place in Montclair and cost $20. Please contact me if you are interested in attending. 








Healthy Protein
Sunday, October 17th, 1:00pm



"But where do you get your protein?"

How many times have you been asked that question? Americans are obsessed with protein and most of them are eating to much of it. Protein is important for building, maintaining, and repairing the tissues in the body, but eating too much of it can be just as bad as not eating enough. Scientific studies have shown that animal protein is actually harmful one's health. Plant-based protein is ideal for optimum health and is easier to find that you would think.

In this class you will learn all about protein: how much you need, which plant foods are high in protein and why animal protein foods are not healthy. Jenna and I will show you how to make some delicious and healthy plant-based dishes that are high in protein.





Vegan Thanksgiving


Sunday, November 14th, 1:00pm

I'm often asked "What do vegans eat at Thanksgiving?". And my answer is usually "Food". But the truth is that Thanksgiving can be rough on vegans since it's a holiday that's centered around a meal that revolves around eating meat. It doesn't have to be though. Jenna and I will show you how to make delicious vegan Thanksgiving dishes that will make any omnivore ask for seconds.



Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment