Thursday, December 24, 2009

Birthday Feast

Holiday Greetings!

Dennis and I went to Veggie Heaven Denville for his birthday dinner this evening. For those of you who have never had the pleasure of dining at a Veggie Heaven, they serve delicious vegetarian Chinese food. Most of their entrees consist of mock meats made from soy and wheat, and it was a little difficult for me to not to order an big plate of mock chicken. I settled on broccoli and eggplant in garlic sauce with brown rice. (They mixed both veggies together for me even though they're on the menu separately.) Yes, I'm supposed to stay away garlic, and yes, I'm sure there was some soy in the garlic sauce, but I doubt the small quantities of those ingredients would do any harm. The meal was absolutely delicious and I didn't miss the mock meat at all!


Instead of cake, I baked a birthday apple crisp. The recipe is another one from Clean Food. The recipe calls for walnuts, so I just replaced them with cashews. It's made with apples, dried cranberries, cinnamon, brown rice flour and rolled oats, and is sweetened with maple syrup, so it's pretty much guilt-free. I topped it with a little bit of Soyatoo's Rice Whip, and it was rather tasty!


Merry Christmas to you, and I hope Santa brings everything you wished for!

No comments:

Post a Comment