Saturday, December 26, 2009

Spaghetti Squash


Who needs processed dry wheat flour sticks when nature has made the perfect noodle hidden inside a giant vegetable?

It's a little difficult to tell from the photo, but this is spaghetti squash and veggies. I kind of threw this together with stuff from the fridge, and it turned out to be absolutely scrumptious. There is no recipe, but here's what I did:

I cut open and roasted a squash in the oven for about an hour. I sautéed about a quarter of a yellow onion, a small chili pepper for some spice, some chopped shiitake mushrooms, a handful of sliced sundried tomatoes, a bunch of sliced kale, half a can of chickpeas, and a 14 ounce can of chunky tomato sauce. When the squash was done, I scooped it out of the skin and mixed it with the veggie mixture and then sprinkled some nutrional yeast over it in place of grated cheese. It was really delicious and strangely, it seemed to taste better with every bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment