Friday, July 30, 2010

Ratatouille Salad


I bought a round zucchini and a round eggplant at the farmers' market thinking I would make more veggie stacks.



And I bought these little tomatoes because they're so cute!



But then I saw this blog post on Organically Me with a recipe for ratatouille salad and decided to make it instead. Sadly, when I cut the zucchini open, it was very spongey, and I didn't think it would taste too good. So I ended up using some of the yellow and green squash I had instead. I chopped up the eggplant, squash, some mushrooms and some basil, added the cherry tomatoes and minced garlic and drizzled the whole mix with olive oil. I spread the veggies out over two baking sheets and cooked them for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees. Yes, I turned the oven on after saying I was going to do so this week, but it was totally worth it!



I also made the balsamic reduction mentioned in the post. It went really well with the veggies. This was super tasty and really pretty! Despite the fact that the oven had to be on, this was the perfect dish for the  summer veggies that are now in season.




Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment