Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuptim Thai

On Saturday night, Dennis and I went out for Thai food. It seemed a shame to go out for dinner after buying so much great produce at the farmers' market that morning, but our friend Neel stopped over in the afternoon and mentioned Thai food, which planted the seed for us to want to eat out. 

We like Tuptim Thai in Montclair. They have a separate vegetarian menu and we've tried just about everything on it. There's another Thai restaurant that's very close by, but they only have one or two vegetarian things on their menu, so Tuptim has earned our loyalty.

Unfortunately, I forgot my regular camera, so I took photos of our food with my iPhone, which doesn't have a flash. You'll just have to trust me when I say that the food was better than it looks here!


Dennis picked up a bottle of my favorite wine - Badger Mountain organic riesling. It's not always easy to find, so I was quite happy when he presented the bottle to me!



We started out with spring rolls. Yes, they are greasy because they're deep fried in oil, but since I eat healthily throughout the week, I allowed myself a spring roll.



We both had Thai salads. They were full of hard tofu and covered with peanut sauce. I really love Tuptim's hard tofu and I like anything covered in peanut sauce!



I had sautéed broccoli and tofu. Yummy!




Dennis had pad Thai. I sort of had a hankering for pad Thai, but I wanted more veggies than this dish comes with. I was happy with my choice!



Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment