Friday, July 9, 2010

Zucchini Pasta with Spinach Pesto


You know you're a total food geek when you get excited by a new spiralizer. I accept my geekness and am okay with it. But I have to say that I really love the spiralizer that my dad gave me for my birthday!



I made zucchini noodles with marinated (raw) mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and spinach pesto. Whole Foods used to carry a premade vegan spinach pesto in the fresh pasta section, but they haven't had it in a long time. I used to love it, so I decided to try my hand at making my own. It was very mild and worked really well with the rest of the flavors in this dish. 


Creamy Spinach Pesto
Ingredients:
4 cups spinach, tightly packed
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon sea salt

Combine all ingredients in a food processor fitted with an s-blade. Process until ingredients are chopped and just slightly chunky - do not over process.






Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment