Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stuffed Peppers


I had a lot of quinoa and veggie mixture leftover from the stuffed squash I made, so I decided to stuff peppers with them. This was a super simple meal, and since I already had most of the meal prepared, it didn't take very long to prepare. I simply cut the peppers in half and cleaned out the insides, stuffed them, and then cooked them at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.


Bell peppers are part of the Capsicum family, but they are the only member that doesn't actually contain  capsaicin, which is why they taste sweet, rather than hot. Studies show that red bell peppers contain higher levels of nutrients than green ones. Red peppers contain lycopene, which is know to protect against cancer and heart disease. They are also a good source of folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin B6, thiamine, riboflavin, magnesium, potassium and beta carotene.



Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!




No comments:

Post a Comment