Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cauliflower Cashew Curry

I love this time of year, because I love stews and curries. This cauliflower cashew curry recipe from 101 Cookbooks is a fall/winter favorite of mine. I didn't make this dish at all last winter because I was avoiding both coconut and soy. But since I've added them back into my diet, I've been looking forward to making it again. I used tempeh instead of tofu and served the dish with black rice. I doubled the recipe so there would be leftovers for lunches. It was delicious!

Since the Great Cauliflower Incident of July, I have been able to work through my fear of cauliflower. But I am still only able to buy pre-cut cauliflower. Pre-cut veggies are more expensive but cut down on prep time and make cooking on busy weeknights easy, so I'm okay with the extra cost. And of course, there's the peace of mind that comes from knowing there aren't any large bugs setting up house in the middle of my veggies.



Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

1 comment: