Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Indonesian Tempeh with Green Beans and Crushed Peanuts



I first saw this dish in an issue of Vegetarian Times last year. Since it's made with coconut milk and peanut butter, I knew I had to make it. I will admit I wasn't too impressed the first time I made it, but I decided to give it a second chance, and it did not disappoint. It was sooooo good that I've decided to demonstrate this recipe at my protein cooking class this weekend.

Tempeh is a fermented soybean that is high in fiber, protein and vitamins. It is the only traditional soy product that does not originate in China or Japan. It's actually from Indonesia, where it is a primary source of protein. Because it is fermented, tempeh is easier on the digestive system, and doesn't cause gas like other soy products can. 

There are still a few spaces open in Sunday's plant-based protein cooking class. If you'd like to attend, please send me an email: Dianne@DianneWenz.com. 




Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment