Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Quinoa


It's day four of Pumpkin Week! Since I love pumpkin and I love quinoa, when I saw this recipe for pumpkin quinoa from Koko's Kitchen, I HAD to make it. Since the recipe called for caramelized onions and sage, it didn't taste like it should be a breakfast food, like the pumpkin alfredo did.

Pumpkin is an excellent source of vitamin A. It is also full of vitamins C and K, magnesium, calcium, potassium, zinc and iron. The nutrients found in pumpkin are anti-inflammatory, are know to slow the process of aging and can reduce cholesterol. Most people buy pumpkins to decorate with at this time of year. Yes, they are pretty, but they're so nutritious, that they're much better off in your dinner than on your doorstep!


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for trying this out! I hope you enjoyed it!! So cool that you're a holistic health counsellor- I am working towards becoming the very same thing. Done my course, just waiting to take my exam!!

    ReplyDelete