Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Baked Ziti with Caramelized Onions


I have come to the end of Pumpkin Week! That doesn't mean I won't be cooking with pumpkin anymore though! Far from it. I have more muffins and pies to make! Maybe I should have a second pumpkin week soon?


Yes, I have made Pumpkin Ziti with Caramelized Onions before, but it was so good the first time it was definitely worth another go. This recipe is from Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook, which is packed with good things. This time I made the tofu ricotta that the recipe calls for. (Last time I made ricotta with cashews.) I used rice pastas and rice bread crumbs for the topping instead of wheat. Instead of cooking them in margarine, I mixed them with some olive oil. This dish is really delicious and Dennis said it made him want to curl up with warm blanket. Ah... comfort food!


And speaking of pumpkins, here is picture of my pumpkins, Archie and Schroeder, checking out some birds outside the window. Aren't they adorable?

Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!


No comments:

Post a Comment