Monday, August 30, 2010

For the Animals Sanctuary

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I started a group called Montclair Vegans on Meetup.com. We started our meetups out this weekend with two events: a potluck at my house, and visit to For the Animals Sanctuary in Blairstown, NJ.

The potluck was a lot of fun. I was worried about a lot of people fitting into my house, but it worked out well and everyone seemed to have a good time. I made another chocolate raspberry tart and it was a big hit! Everyone made really tasty dishes and I really enjoyed meeting the members of the group. I'm really looking forward to the next potluck!

The visit to For the Animals Sanctuary was also a lot of fun. The animals that live at the sanctuary are all rescues from the food farming trade. It's always great to see animals living the way they are supposed to: well loved and carefree in a field chewing on grass and hay. The animals are very sweet and friendly and I loved spending time with them. I highly recommend visiting the sanctuary if you are in the area. It's well worth the trip!

Pippen is the big black and white goat.










Boo Boo






Hope has a dislocated hip. Everyone's hoping she pulls through.


Kevina


Herbie


Mandy



Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment