Friday, August 6, 2010

Mini Pesto & Tomato Pizzas



It's been a while since I've made pizza, and I felt long over due for one. A few days ago my friend Jenna made pizza with pesto, cashew cheese and tomatoes and posted a photo on Facebook. It looked delicious, so I decided to make something similar.

I used gluten-free Mini Rustic Crusts and topped them with spinach pesto, cashew ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, heirloom tomatoes and Daiya cheese. The mini crusts are very crumbly, which is why this pizza looks a little lopsided and Dennis said that for some reason the taste reminded him of frozen fish sticks. I don't think they taste like fish sticks, and I don't think they taste as good as Bob's Red Mill pizza crust, but they're a good option when you don't feel like making your own crust. This pizza was really tasty, and I'm sure I'll be using this topping combination again in the near future.


Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment