Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes


Look at how gorgeous this heirloom tomato is! It almost seemed a shame to eat it - but I did anyway!





This dish was inspired by a recipe I saw in Vegetarian Times, although I didn't really follow the recipe at all. It's a simple summer dish. I realized that I've been eating pasta more since I've gone gluten-free than I did before, but that's probably because it's nice and light and doesn't require the stove to be turned on. 

For this dish, I shredded zucchini with a julianne peeler and diced a few heirloom tomatoes. I cooked them in a little olive oil for a few minutes and then added them to the cooked pasta along with some chopped olives and a little shredded Sheese. This was quite tasty and was a good use of all the tomatoes and zucchini that I picked up at the farmers' market.






Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment