Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Raw Key Lime Pie




Yesterday was my coworker Kris's birthday. During a conversation once she mentioned that she really loves key lime pie, so I knew I had to make a raw version for her. I've made pie many times before and it's always been a big hit, even with people who don't usually like key lime pie. 

Raw key lime pie is super simple to make and is the perfect treat for a hot summer's day. The crust is made with macadamia nuts, shredded coconut and dates that have been ground in a food processor. The filling is made with avocados, key lime juice, agave nectar and coconut oil. Yes, there has been a lot of controversy over agave nectar lately, but I still think organic raw agave a good sweetener to use in moderation.

Kris was really surprised by the pie, and she really loved it. All of my coworkers loved in, in fact (why wouldn't they?) and they were all really surprised that it was made with avocado.




Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment