Friday, August 13, 2010

Green Pizza


This little pizza was inspired by the mini pizzas I made last week.  Once again, I used Mini Rustic Crusts. I wanted to use pesto sauce again.  I didn't have any basil or spinach, but I did have kale. I thought it would be interesting to give kale pesto a try, so I mixed the kale up with some olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic and cashews. It tasted great, and kale pesto is a great way to get more kale into your diet! I topped the pizza with zucchini, green zebra tomatoes, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and Daiya cheese. It was delicious - even better than last week's! (Although Dennis once again said that the crust reminded him of frozen fish sticks.)

Kale is the most nutrient dense food there is, and his many health benefits, so it's good to have it in your diet on a regular basis. I like to sautée it with olive oil and garlic, but it's also great chopped up into kale slaw, dried into kale chips, blended into smoothies or even used raw in a salad in place of lettuce. 





Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment