Wednesday, August 11, 2010

White Chocolate Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart

I saw this recipe on the Rawmazing website a few weeks ago and have been itching to make it. Monday was my coworker Vanessa's birthday, which was the perfect occasion! This was pretty easy to make - all you  need is a food processor and a blender. (A vitamix works wonders.)



First I made the crust of almonds and coconut oil in the food processor.



Then I made the white chocolate cashew base. I spread a little over the crust, then layered on the raspberries. 



Then I poured on the rest of the white chocolate base. Because I made it in the Vitamix, it was very smooth and creamy, but it was a little thick and it took a while to scrape it all out of the blender.



Then I made chocolate ganache and poured it over the top. I put the tart in the freezer while I was making the ganache, but I didn't give it enough time to set, so it I had to be careful not to mess up the base layer while spreading the ganache. 


It was incredibly delicious! It was so rich and creamy, that a small piece would satisfy the biggest sweet tooth. And it was a huge hit with my coworkers. Raw desserts are so amazing, it makes me wonder why anyone would want to turn the oven on!




Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment