Friday, November 5, 2010

Back to the Grocery Store

I feel like I'm always at Whole Foods. Despite the fact that I come home with bags and bags of food, the fridge always seems empty. This time I went with a plan, so there are lots of tasty meals that I will be making in the days ahead. In the meantime though, I picked up dinner at the salad bar. Dennis had a meeting for the film he's working on (more on his film next week) and I didn't feel like cooking dinner for one. I filled a container with steamed and grilled veggies: kale, eggplant, sweet potatoes, broccoli, beets and cauliflower and then I added some tofu and a grain mixture. When I got home I drizzled a little olive oil and lemon juice over the whole thing. It was quite delicious, and look at how colorful it is. Remember - the nutrients in veggies are in their colors, so make sure you have lots of colors on your plate. Try to aim for 4 colors in each meal.

Coming up next week: recipe testing for Robin Robertson, Dennis's short film, cupcakes and Ted Leo, the V Note and more!





Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!


No comments:

Post a Comment