Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cashew Curry Casserole

Although I'm not a curry newbie, curries are relatively new to my food world. I think I had my first one about 3 years ago or so. (Or maybe earlier, I can't remember.) I can't believe what I was missing out on all those years! Curries are now my favorite cold weather meals! And they are so much easier to make than I originally thought they would be. Just throw together some veggies in coconut milk with curry paste, and you're done!

This recipe is from The Urban Vegan, and it's one of my favorite curries. The recipe calls for broccoli, tomatoes, onion and chickpeas, and it suggests adding red pepper, mushrooms or summer squash. I added all three, so I had quite a lot of veggies. I doubled the sauce recipe, which is made with coconut milk, red curry paste and cashew butter. The sauce is poured over the veggies and then it's all baked in the oven. It's so good that this recipe alone is worth the cost of the book!




Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!


1 comment:

  1. someone I missed this post until now. that looks really super yum!

    ReplyDelete