Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mushroom Spinach Stuffing


I'm not sure if it's it's the anticipation of Thanksgiving or the need for a little comfort food, but I decided to make a little pre-Thanksgiving dinner with stuffed portobellos, maple glazed brussels sprouts and spinach mushrooms stuffing. In retrospect, I probably didn't need both stuffed mushrooms and mushroom stuffing at the same meal, but what's done is done and what has been eaten cannot be uneaten.

The stuffing recipe is based on a recipe from the Vegan Good Things blog. I say "based on", because I didn't measure anything and I had a box of pre-made stuffing cubes. I sautéed a chopped onion, some garlic, a few celery stalks lots of different kinds of mushrooms and a contain of spinach together and then I dumped it all on top of the stuffing mix along with vegetable broth and then stirred it all together. I think I cooked it for about 45 minutes on 400. It was quite tasty and contained just the right amount of comfort!


Like what you're reading? Then follow me on Twitter!

2 comments: