Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ted Leo and the Cookies & Cream Cupcakes

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World changed my life. I did a lot of baking before I went vegan, but once I gave dairy and eggs nine years ago (I was vegetarian for 9 years before that), I wasn't sure how to make cookies and cakes anymore. There weren't any of the wonderful cookbooks that we have today back then. When Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World came out, I got copies from a few different people as gifts (and I kept them all), who no doubt wanted me to start baking again. I immediately ran to the kitchen and started mixing together sugar and flour. People were impressed with my little cakey creations and I immediately gained the title of "Cupcake Queen". Cupcakes are an excellent way to introduce people to vegan foods and show that we aren't all sitting around eating sprouts and drinking wheatgrass. (Not that I have a problem with sprouts and wheatgrass!)

Where I like to cook and bake, Dennis likes to make short films. His latest is called I Hear You and he's in the middle of post-production on it right now. Super cool vegan indie music legend Ted Leo makes a special guest appearance in the film, and as a thank you for being so super cool, I made him some cookies and cream cupcakes. Dennis said that Mr Leo loved them!


Here's the trailer for I Hear You. No word yet on when and where it will be shown, but I'll keep you posted.





Like what you're reading? Then follow me on Twitter!







No comments:

Post a Comment