Thursday, November 4, 2010

The "I Didn't Have a Dinner Plan" Stir-Fry


Despite the fact that I did finally go grocery shopping, I didn't have a plan for dinner. So I hit the fridge and pulled out a few things that I thought would go nicely together: asparagus, onion, mushrooms, tofu, kale and two hot peppers. I stir-fried them together in olive oil with a little Bragg's Liquid Aminos and rice vinegar and threw in a can of chickpeas. I also cooked up some quinoa to serve it all over. It was quite a nice impromptu dinner!

So where do I get my protein? From this dish!! Tofu, chickpeas and quinoa are all very high in protein. Even asparagus has a decent amount of protein! The average female needs 45 grams of protein and the average male needs 55 grams. Out of curiosity I tallied the protein amount in this meal, and it came to about 45 grams, so it contained all the protein I needed for a day! And of course, I also ate breakfast and lunch which also contained protein, so in one day I consumed a lot more protein than I need. 




Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!


No comments:

Post a Comment