Monday, November 8, 2010

The V Note

A new restaurant from the owners of Blossom opened in New York City recently called The V Note. Since I love the Blossom restaurants, I knew I had to get into the City immediately and try it. The menu is made up of all the best items from Blossom, Cafe Blossom and Cocoa V, with a few new dishes added to the mix.

I went to V Note on Saturday with my friend Jessica. We both ate way too much food and gave the restaurant two thumbs up! Jessica and I agreed that the Blossoms need to put out a cookbook, so we can give their creations a try at home!

We started out with a Pea Cake, which we split. I really love the chipotle aioli they serve it with. 

Even though I've been avoiding wheat, I really wanted a sandwich. I gave in to temptation and had a BLT with sweet potato fries. The sandwich was made with tempeh bacon, breaded tofu, lettuce, tomato and chipotle aioli. In was on delicious ciabatta bread.

Jessica  had the Bacon Cheeseburger. It consisted of a veggie burger, soy bacon, mushrooms, Daiya cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and aioli. She really loved it.

We fished the meal off with delicious chocolate fondue. It was served with fresh fruit and a few cookie bites. The chocolate was so rich that we couldn't finish it all, which is strange behavior for two chocoholics!



Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!



3 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me with that fondue?! Oh my god, I want that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irina, we'll have to figure out a day to go!

    Celyn, It's definitely worth the trip, if you're nearby!

    ReplyDelete