Saturday, January 2, 2010

Lasagna Tart


This recipe is from 101 Cookbooks. It was published in June, but it was far to hot to have the oven turned on for over an hour, so I saved it for the cold of winter. I made a few small changes to the recipe. I used spelt flour for the crust, and I don't have any pie weights, so I cooked it for 20 minutes without covering it and weighing it down. I doubled the tomato sauce recipe, and I used a cashew ricotta instead of cheese. (See recipe below.) This was the perfect meal for a cold winter's night!


Cashew Ricotta
2 cups raw cashews, soaked for an hour or more
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
6 tablespoons water

Process all ingredients in a food processor until fluffy and ricotta-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment