Saturday, June 5, 2010

Raw Burritos and Stuffed Peppers


This "burrito" is kind of a mixture of things from different recipes, but it's based on a recipe from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen. I made taco filling from sunflower seeds, sun-dried tomatoes and some spices. I made Ani's salsa, which uses corn, tomatoes, peppers, cilantro and hot peppers. Also on the burrito was raw cashew cheddar. The wrap is supposed to be a cabbage leave, and it's filled with spinach before all of the other goodies are added to it. I wasn't able to get full leaves off of the head of cabbage though, and what I was able to get off was too thick to use as a wrap. (Perhaps I should have bought a different kind of cabbage!) The cabbage leaves did hold up nicely to the fillings and they ended being more like tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment