Monday, June 28, 2010

A Very Blossom Day

So like I said yesterday, Saturday was my last at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, which was rather bittersweet for me. I've been working with five amazing first year students, and I'm going to miss them. We had a group lunch at Cafe Blossom to celebrate the end of the "school year". We all split a plate of raw autumn rolls, and then we all ordered raw zucchini linguine. It was really tasty, and Cafe Blossom has become one of my favorite places to eat in NYC.



After class, my friend Jessica and I took the subway downtown, to the beginning of the High Line. Everything is blooming and it looks much prettier than the last time I was there. We walked up it up to 20th Street and then walked over to Blossom Restaurant. The restaurant is more upscale than the cafe, and the food is equally as good. We split an order of crab cake appetizers, and we forgot to take a picture before we dug in.

Jessica had Hickory Basted Tempeh. I tried a piece and it was really good.


I had pistachio and pepper dusted tofu. It came with a crepe filled with root veggies. I've been eating small amounts of soy, and I don't think it's affecting me at all. I think the crepe was made with wheat, and of course, I'm allergic to the nuts, but this meal was really good, and I didn't have a big reaction to it - just some eye itching from the nuts.

We had talked about going to Cocoa V (which is also part of the Blossom chain) across the street for dessert, but I was just too full. So instead we got some chocolates to go. I got a few bagged chocolates, and some really pretty bonbons. Their chocolates are so pretty that it's almost a shame to eat them. They're so delicious though! The peanut butter bonbons (the blue plaid ones) are my favorites.



Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/diannewenz

No comments:

Post a Comment