Friday, June 4, 2010

Gluten-Free Pizza at Rutherford Pancake House


The Rutherford Pancake House in Rutherford NJ has quite a nice selection of vegan items on their menu. They recently added gluten-free vegan pizzas to the list. Several of my friends have tried them and Dennis goes there often for lunch during his work day, so I figured it was time for me taste one for myself.

I'm sure if I hadn't already had amazing gluten-free vegan pizza at Pala Pizza in NYC, I would have liked this more. But Pala is a tough act to follow. The crust at Rutherford Pancake House was premade and a little soggy. They used Daiya cheese, which always tastes good and topped the pie off with spinach, mushrooms and peppers.


I also ordered a salad to go with my pizza, primarily because I've been eating so much raw food lately, and I felt I needed to get a little raw into my otherwise cooked meal. Interestingly, I fell asleep as soon as I got home. Was it the pizza? Or the hot weather? Maybe I should have another pizza on a cool day and see what happens!



Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment