Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Zucchini Pappardelle with White Bean Alfredo


Like I said yesterday, I'm eating mainly raw food this summer, and I had to try this great semi-raw recipe from HKitchen. The noodles are made with zucchini, but the Alfredo sauce is made with cooked navy beans. The sauce was so nice and creamy that no one would have ever known that it was made with beans, and not dairy cream. The recipe called for tahini, but I had just used the last of mine on a batch of kale chips, so I used raw sesame seeds instead, which worked really well because my Vitamix was able to blend them. I omitted the walnuts and sprinkled the dish with nutritional yeast. Instead of cutting the zucchini with a mandolin slicer, I used my spiralizer to turn them into noodles. This dish was really delicious, and I will definitely make it again!

Beans a great way to add high-quality, plant-based protein to your diet. In addition to protein, they are high in iron, B vitamins and fiber. And they are so versatile that you may never tire of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment