Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Red Bamboo


My friend Barb and partner Mike came for a visit from Pennsylvania on Monday. It's been a year and half since she's been here, and it was so good to see her again! She has a friend who works for The Colbert Report, and he got us tickets for Monday's show. We went to NYC and had lunch at Red Bamboo. Red Bamboo is a tiny little restaurant that serves really delicious vegan comfort food. It's all heavily soy based, so I haven't eaten there in a while. I figured it would be nice to splurge a little. Barb has never been there before and has wanted to try it for a while. I was expecting an upset tummy after we ate, but I was fine!


We started out with Almond Coconut "Chicken" and Barbecue Buffalo Wings.


I had a Grilled "Chicken" salad. I figured it would be a little healthier if I had some greens!


Mike had the Creole Soul "Chicken". This is my favorite Red Bamboo dish!


Dennis had the Dijon "Chicken" Sandwich lunch special.


Barb had the Filet O'Fish Panini.


We all split a piece of Mango Cheesecake for dessert.


Barb and I!


The Colbert Report!


We got to wait in the conference room before the show started! (It rained on our way over and my hair got messed up!) Barb's friend made sure we had great seats. Stephen Colbert came out before the show and talked to the audience for a while and John Waters was the guest. It was a lot of fun!


Barb's friend gave us Wrist Strong bracelets, t-shirts and baseball caps!

Barb and Mike were only here for 25 hours, which wasn't long enough, but it was a fun visit. I'm hoping we can get together again soon!


Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/diannewenz

No comments:

Post a Comment