Thursday, May 6, 2010

Raw Mock Tuna Salad


When Dennis took his first bite of this dish, he thought, "I can live on this." This recipe is from RAWvolution by Matt Amsden. The "tuna" is sunflower seeds that have been soaked for a while and then mixed with celery and scallions. Dulse flakes (I actually used kelp) are added to give it a little bit of a fishy flavor. The creamy mayo is made with coconut water, lemon juice, mustard and cashews. The recipe says to mix everything together in a bowl, but I like the sunflower seeds to be macerated, so I put it all in a food processor for a minute or two.

Raw foods are really delicious and healthy. They can bring you more energy, detox your body and help you lose weight. Now that the weather has turned warm, I'm going to be making a lot more raw foods. I just got a dehydrator, and I'm looking forward to experimenting with it. Stay tuned for more raw!


Become a fan on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/VeggiegirlHHC

No comments:

Post a Comment