Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring Cleanse - Day 6


Day six of the spring cleanse seemed so easy! My body's getting used to the raw food and unseasoned veggies. I had lots of energy yesterday! I spent most of the day counseling students for the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. My counseling day started at 8:00am and ended at 3:30. I usually take a nap after my last student, but I had so much energy that I didn't one! Instead, I went down to the Vegan Bake Sale to see how it was going. I was surprised at how well I was able to control myself around so many delicious looking baked goodies. I brought home some raw cookies and brownies and two gluten-free cupcakes, which will just have to wait until after the cleanse to be eaten.

For breakfast, I had a giant green smoothie. It was made with bananas, mangos, pineapples and spinach. I also added flax oil, hemp powder and maca powder for a little extra boost. I made quite a lot and filled my large glass twice.



Lunch was another large salad with olive oil and lemon juice. I was able to eat in between student phone calls. I had snack of fruit salad later too.


Since it was a long day for me, Dennis picked up dinner from Veggie Heaven again. We each had a large plate of steamed veggies. I was pretty hungry by dinner time, but the veggies were very satisfying. It was difficult to pass on the rice that came with them. I put them in the fridge to make a stir-fry with another day.


We had mixed fruit for dessert. I can't believe how much fruit Dennis and I have eaten this week. We've gone through quite a lot. I need to make sure we keep it up next week.


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment