Saturday, May 1, 2010

Spring Cleanse - Day 5


Day 5 of the cleanse gets a little tricky. The menu for both days 5 and 6 consist of nothing but vegetables and fruit - no nuts, seeds, beans or grains. I was worried about making it through the day and being hungry, but surprisingly, I had lots of energy today and I wasn't hungry at all. The day was also dedicated to cleansing the intestines, and psyllium fiber was added to the routine.

I started out the day with a chocolate cherry smoothie made from bananas, frozen cherries, dates, raw cacao and spinach. This morning, I was just set on making a smoothie, and forgot about the guidelines for the day. After making it, I realized I really shouldn't have had the raw cacao, but it was too late. I don't regret it though. The smoothie was delicious and I think it had a lot to do with my energy level for the day.

For lunch I had collard wraps and a huge salad, and I had a large fruit salad for an afternoon snack.


Dinner was a large plate of steamed veggies - broccoli, snap peas, mushrooms and red pepper. They were flavored with a little olive oil and lemon juice. It was a delicious meal. I'm really beginning to love the unadulterated flavors of vegetables.


Become a fan on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/VeggiegirlHHC

No comments:

Post a Comment