Sunday, May 23, 2010

Raw Pizza Italiano


This pizza was inspired by the Pizza Italiano recipe from RAWvolution by Matt Amsden, but the base is Ani Phyo's Sesame Sunflower Bread. There's a layer of sunflower seed cheese, then a layer of raw tomato sauce. The pizza is topped with fresh basil, oregano, chopped red peppers and marinated mushrooms. When I made this, I didn't think two "slices" would fill me, but it did - it was really filling and satisfying. The cheese is rich and delicious, and the tomato sauce is tangy and flavorful. The mushrooms really did taste as if they were marinated and cooked - not raw at all. This was a really great meal, and I now need to make more bread so I can use up the rest of the tomato sauce and cheese I made!


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment