Monday, May 3, 2010

Spring Cleanse - Day 7


I have reached the end of my Spring Cleanse! I'm so glad I did it. Eating lighter helped switch my diet from winter foods to spring foods. I had lots more energy than usual, and I lost 4 pounds! I'm going to try my best to continue with the clean eating - smoothies, salads and lots of fruit and veggies.

Today was another student counseling day. My first student was at 8:00 and my last at 3:30. I started the day out with a smoothie made with blueberries, bananas, spinach, flax, hemp and maca. For lunch I had another large salad. The modified fast is over, so I was able to add seeds and nuts back into my meals today.



For dinner I made collard green wraps. I made raw sunflower seed cheese from RAWvolution by Matt Amsden, spread it on the leaves and then wrapped them up with veggies inside. I made extras to take to work tomorrow to snack on. They're so good!

I also sautéed a big pile of veggies - broccoli rabe, kale, red peppers, shallots, mushrooms and served them over the rice that was left over from yesterday's Veggie Heaven meal.


Once again, I had lots of energy, which made the day easier. And once again, I didn't need a nap after my student counseling was over!


Become a fan on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/VeggiegirlHHC

No comments:

Post a Comment