Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunny Raw Nori Rolls


This raw sushi recipe is from Vegetarian Times. The "rice" is actually a sunflower seed paste. This was my first attempt at making any kind of sushi at all, and it didn't turn out too badly. Since I don't have a sushi mat, they weren't rolled very tightly, but they were really good.

I've been eating a lot of sunflower seeds this week. It wasn't planned, I just found a lot of recipes that looked good and happened to contain sunflower seeds. They're really nutritious though, so it's a good thing. They're high in the omega 3 fatty acid linoleic, as well as cholesterol lowering phytosterols. They are also high in fiber, protein, B vitamins, magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc and potassium.



Like what you're reading? Follow me on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/diannewenz

No comments:

Post a Comment