Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baked Ziti


This is actually baked penne because I haven't been able to find gluten-free ziti. I used multi-grain pasta. I had used it a few weeks ago and said I didn't really like it, but I had another box in the cabinet and didn't want it to go to waste. I must not have cooked it thoroughly last time, because it tasted really good this time and worked really well in this dish. I made up a batch of cashew ricotta and mixed it with chopped mushrooms and tomato sauce. I topped the whole thing off with Daiya tapioca cheese. There's no way to tell from looking at this dish that it was wheat, soy, dairy and meat-free. It looked like any other baked ziti and was absolutely delicious. And as always, I served it with a side of greens.


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment