Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vegetarian Slow Cooker


The people at Ten Speed Press were kind enough to send me a copy of The Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Lynn Alley. I was quite excited to find it in my mailbox, but disappointment set in once I remembered that I didn't own a slow cooker. Dennis solved that problem by buying me one for Valentine's Day. Most girls like getting flowers and chocolates for Valentine's Day, but I really like kitchen gadgets! (Last year he gave me a Vitamix!)

I had a really busy day yesterday and I knew it would be difficult to find time to make a good meal for dinner, so I decided to take the slow cooker on it's maiden voyage. I made Potato Artichoke Stew, which was super easy. The recipe called for a tomato sauce recipe from the book, which I didn't have time to make, so I used canned tomatoes. I cut all of the veggies up the night before, turned the slow cooker on in the morning before work, and dinner was magically ready when I came home! The meal was very tasty and I can't wait to try more recipes from the cookbook!

Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment