Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chocolate Party!


The vegan group I belong to had a chocolate potluck party for Valentine's Day last night. I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Cookies.

The recipe is from Manifest Vegan. I doubled the recipe, because it says it makes about 20 cookies, but I ended up with about 75 cookies and only about half were eaten, so that wasn't necessary. I used 4 bags of chocolate chips to dip the cookies in. Dipping the cookies in the chocolate created a huge mess! I made the mistake of placing the cookies back on the cookie sheet since I don't have cooling racks. The chocolate cemented the cookies firmly to the sheets, and I had to get Dennis to help pull them off. (Note to self: Next time use parchment paper!) Most of the cookies ended up losing their bottoms, but it didn't take away from their taste at all. These cookies are GOOD. They're really intense, so you only need one to satisfy any chocolate/peanut butter cravings. They were a big hit at the party!

I thought I'd put aside my elimination diet for the evening since I knew there would be tasty chocolatey baked treats at the party, but I didn't cheat too badly. I had some hot chocolate made with almond milk which was amazingly good, a few chocolate cover cashews, one rum ball that did contain some wheat, and a piece of extremely rich fudge. I don't know what the fudge was made with, but I'm guessing there was some soy in it. It was so rich that it ruined me for the rest of the evening and I couldn't eat anything else, which was a good thing because there were lots of cookies, brownies and cupcakes. I did wake up with some digestive problems this morning which I find crazy, because I ate such small amounts of offending foods yesterday. But now I know for next time!




Like what you're reading? Then check out my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment