Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stir-fry with Quinoa


I decided to make some simple after spending so much time in the kitchen making Shepherdess Pie, so I made a quick stir-fry. And since I've been eating quite a bit of rice lately, I served it over quinoa.

In the stir-fry were shallots, onion, broccoli, red bell peppers, shiitake mushrooms, sugar snap peas, chickpeas, peanuts and mung bean sprouts. I added some spicy red peppers while the veggies were cooking, but just for flavor. I certainly didn't eat any of them! (But Dennis did!) I made a quick spicy peanut sauce by mixing together a little peanut butter, spicy Thai red sauce, wheat-free tamari, rice vinegar and lime juice. I didn't measure anything, so I don't have a recipe. Stir-frys are great, because you can add anything you want and it's pretty much guaranteed to taste good!



Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment