Monday, February 8, 2010

Gobo


Yesterday I met my friend Irina in NYC and we went to lunch at Gobo in the West Village. Gobo has Asian inspired food and they have many wheat-free dishes. I started out with a Liquid Live juice that was made with wheat grass, carrots, beets, celery and apples. I was feeling tired and a little "off" from the chocolate party the night before, and this juice was just what I needed to wake up and get myself going. I ordered Swiss Chard and Sun-dried Tomato Rice Lasagna for lunch, which was really tasty. I realized after I started eating it that it had soy in it, but I decided to keep eating and look at the experience as an experiment. If I woke up digestive problems on Monday morning, I'd know that the soy had something to do with it. If not, I'd know that it as really the wheat in the rum ball I ate on Saturday night that made me feel crappy on Sunday morning. Well, I woke up feeling just fine this morning, which means it really was just that one rum ball that made me feel sick. How crazy is it that one cookie can make me feel poorly?!

Irina has also gone wheat-free, so she had Singapore Stir-fry mai-fan, which was rice noodles and veggies.

After lunch, we went to see the play Time Stands Still starring Laura Linney, Alicia Silverstone, Eric Bagosian and Brian D'Arcy James. It was really good and I highly recommend it if you're in NYC and want to go to the theater.

Like what you're reading? Then check out my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment