Friday, February 19, 2010

Beans, Greens and Pasta


This meal was inspired by a recipe I saw in a magazine. The original recipe called for sausage and evaporated cane juice (why would anyone put sugar in pasta?), so I veganized it. It was a simple, easy and delicious meal - perfect for a busy weeknight!

While the rice penne was boiling, I sautéed a chopped red onion and a chopped shallot together in a little olive, then added a handful of chopped mushrooms and thinly sliced sundried tomatoes. I then added a bunch of chopped kale, a can of white beans and a can of chopped tomatoes. I sprinkled in a little sea salt, some red pepper flakes and a little balsamic vinegar. Once everything was cooked, I served the veggies over the pasta. Yum!

Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment