Saturday, February 13, 2010

Butternut Squash Timbales


This recipe is from The Vegan Table by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. The first layer is steamed or roasted butternut squash (I roasted my squash) mixed with sautéed onions and sun-dried tomatoes. Then there's a layer of arborio rice, and it's served on a bed of sautéed greens. The squash mixture and the rice are supposed to be pressed into small ramekins to make the timbale shape. I don't have ramekins, so I just used medium sized bowls, and I added the greens to the bowl, rather than spread them out on the plate.

This was mush easier to make than it looks. And to make it even easier, I bought pre-cut squash. This was quite delicious, and Dennis said he felt like he was eating at a fancy restaurant!


Like what you're reading? Then check out my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment