Monday, February 1, 2010

Lasagna!


I was excited to find lasagna noodles made with brown rice flour at Shoprite of all places, so I decided to make an a attempt at a wheat and soy-free vegan lasagna. In the past, I've made lasagna with tofu ricotta and soy cheese. This time I made cashew ricotta and Daiya tapioca cheese.

I layered tomato sauce, cashew ricotta and sautéed kale and mushrooms between the layers of rice noodles, covered the dish with foil and then cooked it in the oven at 375 for half an hour. Then I removed the foil, sprinkled Daiya cheese over the dish and returned the whole thing to oven for another 20 minutes. I served the lasagna with a side of finely chopped broccoli sautéed in olive oil and lemon juice. This meal was absolutely delicious, and it's prooves that you really don't have to be deprived of anything on a wheat and soy-free vegan diet.



Like what you're reading? Then check out my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment