Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Chickpea Croquettes



I made these chickpea croquettes a few weeks ago and they were so delicious that I had to make them again. They're super easy to make and don't take very long to cook. I found cute mini potatoes at Trader Joe's, so I brought them home and roasted them. I also roasted up some Brussel's sprouts. I also made caramelized leeks and green beans. This was quite the delicious dinner!

Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans and are one of the earliest cultivated vegetable. 7,500-year-old chickpea remains have been found in the Middle East. They are high in protein, zinc, folate, calcium and dietary fiber. Chickpeas are also very versatile - they can be puréed to make hummus, mashed to make mock tuna salad or just tossed into salads and veggie dishes. I've found that most people who aren't crazy about beans like chickpeas. So eat some chickpeas today!


Like what you're reading? Then check out my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment