Sunday, February 28, 2010

Quesadillas on Spelt Tortillas


I made quesadillas with rice flour tortillas back in January. I have been able to find the rice tortillas again, but my friend Jessica told me that Whole Foods carries spelt tortillas and I wanted to give them a try. I hadn't seen them before, but it's probably just because I didn't look. I bought the last package they had at my local Whole Foods and decided to whip up some quesadillas again. I stuffed them with red, green and yellow peppers, onions, and mushrooms, and I used refried beans and a little Daiya cheddar cheese as the "glue" to hold the whole thing together. I served them with guacamole and sautéed kale. This meal was delicious and easy to make!


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment