Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Black Bean Quinoa Burgers


I found this recipe in a blog post from The Voracious Vegan and immediately wanted to try it. These black bean burgers are super simple. They're made with black beans, quinoa, chickpea flour, flax seeds and sun-dried tomatoes, so they're packed with protein. (I omitted the liquid smoke the recipe calls for.) The recipe says it makes four patties, so I cut it in half. Instead of making two large patties, I made four small ones. I made the red onion aioli from the recipe, which really enhanced the burgers. I also made roasted tiny potatoes and sautéed chard and mushrooms to with it.

Black beans are a good source of protein, calcium, vitamins A, C, B1, folate, mangesium, manganese, tryptophan, iron and they are full of antioxidants. If you have digestive issues when eating beans, soak dry beans overnight before cooking, and place a piece of kombu seaweed in the cooking water. There are so many health benefits to eating beans that it's important to make them a regular part of your diet.


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment