Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cabbage Casserole



This Cabbage Casserole recipe is from the March issue of Vegetarian Times and it's basically a lasagna with cabbage leaves instead of noodles. The recipe calls for blanched savoy cabbage leaves, but I accidentally bought napa cabbage instead. Napa cabbage is much more delicate than other varieties, and I didn't think it needed to be blanched. The recipe also called for a 15 ounce can of chopped tomatoes, and I felt it needed about twice as much to spread out properly between the layers of cabbage leaves. Instead of dairy ricotta, I once again used cashew ricotta. The filling between the layers was sautéed leeks. This was absolutely delicious, and I'll definitely make it again!

I also made roasted cauliflower and a mixture made with with shallots, mushrooms, red peppers and chickpeas. This was a perfect dinner!


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

1 comment: