Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Roasted Brussels Sprouts Medley with Nori Strips


This is another recipe from Vegetarian Times. I think it looked a little more exciting in the magazine than it really was, but it was still good, so that's okay. The recipe called for one sweet potato, three rutabagas, an onion, baby carrots (I used three full sized carrots) and a bunch of Brussels sprouts to be roasted together. Once I got everything chopped, I realized that there was no way it would all even fit on a baking sheet together, so roasted them separately. After everything is roasted, nori strips are mixed in, making it a very simple meal. I need to remember to add nori more often with other meals, since sea vegetables are so healthy. I made some quinoa to go with the meal too.

I used to really dislike Brussels sprouts, but Dennis has always liked them, so I looked for ways that I could cook them that we would both enjoy. I've discovered that I really like them roasted, so I often cook them this way. Brussels sprouts are cruciferous vegetables, so they are super healthy and contain anti-cancer compounds. They area also high in vitamins A, C, K, B6 as well as folate, magnesium, iron, thiamin, copper, phosphorus and dietary fiber.



Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment