Friday, March 5, 2010

Lunch at Chipotle


I'm a big advocate of the "cook once, eat twice" theory. It saves time and makes life easier. But since I didn't make dinner on Wednesday night, I didn't have any leftovers to eat for lunch on Thursday. I ran out to a nearby Chipotle and picked up a veggie bowl. I'm not a fan of fast food at all, but Chipotle uses fresh organic ingredients, and you can see them making your food right in front of you, which means it's not hours old and hasn't been hanging out under a food lamp.

This veggie bowl consisted of rice, black beans, roasted onions and peppers, salsa, guacamole and lettuce, and I added a little bit of hot sauce.

There are few Chipotles in across the country that are test marking Gardein mock meats for vegetarians. If you're close to one of the test locations, please give it a try and let them know what you think. It would be so amazing if a fast food chain carried a healthy meat alternative!

Gardein is being offered at the following Chipotles:

333 E. Alameda
 Avenue
Denver, CO 80209

303-733-1331

149 8th Ave. (cross street: 17th street)

New York, NY 10011

212-620-4015

1629 Connecticut Ave. N.W.
Washington, DC 20009

202-387-8261


Like what you're reading? Then sign up for my healthy living newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment